June 24, 2013

Kinky-Curly Knot Today leave-in conditioner is MAGICAL: It really works! - June 24, 2013

[ Kinky-Curly Knot Today leave-in conditioner, $24 @ www.honeyfig.com ]
I recently purchased the famous Kinky-Curly Knot Today leave-in conditioner and was so excited to try it out! I mean, I've used it before, well my hair dresser used it before! The ladies at the Curl Ambassadors salon always use it on my hair in conjunction with the Kinky-Curly custard styling gel. I always leave the salon with extremely defined curls; a little crunchy but they soften as the day goes on. I had to buy the product to recreate the results myself!

The Kinky-Curly line is best known for instantly turning thick, tangled kinks and coils into soft, elongated, defined curls. Trust me, they live up to the standard! Popular products from their line include their leave-in conditioner, custard tyling gel and polishing oil. The Knot Today leave-in conditioner melts away tangles and allows you to effortlessly wide tooth or finger comb through your curls. My fingers literally glided through my curls; it was fascinating!!! I wasn't expecting it to work that fast and so well! I didn't need much product for my curls either. This is the FIRST time in my natural hair history (6 months) that I could actually run my hands through my hair, all the way, repeatedly without knots or tangles forming and getting in the way! I never combed my hair outside of the shower or when dry because I literally COULDN'T! Knot Today really saved my curls. They are super soft, full, defined, moisturized and detangled.

Here's a brief breakdown of what I did to achieve the curls in the above photo:
•Because I'd washed my hair a few days before, I just rinsed my hair in the shower and applied the leave-in conditioner
•I applied Knot Today to small sections starting in the back, moving to the sides and front and taking time to detangle the middle last
•Right after, I applied the custard styling gel in sections, making sure to dilute with water when necessary
•I dried my hair with my diffuser (and sat in front of my fan) for about half an hour
•I applied the polishing oil for finish
•I pinned the front with bobby pins on each side
 
All day, my boyfriend was saying how soft my hair was! And I was still in awe that I could run my hands through my curls. Also, a few days later, my hair was still super soft and untangled. All I have to do to style my hair daily is spray my curls with water and run my hands through my hair or apply some moisturizing cream in sections. My hair remains untangled and easy to comb through. I strongly encourage you to try Knot Today as your leave-in conditioner if you want softness, definition, moisture and an easier styling routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment