July 31, 2013

Twist, Braid & Shout: My very first twist out - June 26, 2013

[ First Twist Out! ]
I finally kicked my laziness in the butt and tried a twist/braid out! Now, don't go expecting a fabulous hairdo of luscious curls cascading down my back. I took every short cut I could possibly take! I probably did everything opposite of what you're supposed to do to create and maintain a beautiful twist out. First, my hair wasn't wet, it wasn't even partially wet, it was just damp. I wet medium and large sized sections of my hair and added a mixture of my Knot Today leave-in and my Kinky-Curly custard styling gel. I formed about 8 medium and large sized twists and braids with a few smaller twists near the front. Typically though, doing a twist or braid out on wet hair using a moisturizing cream, gel and oil is best for creating a frizz-free style. The next morning, I kind of patted some oil onto my twists and braids and took them apart. I added a bit of moisturizing cream all over. At night, I just threw on my satin cap. The following days, I just added some more cream or oil in the morning and stretched out my Afro with my hands and fingers. To keep a twist out frizz-free, you want to rebraid or twist your hair each night for the best results and to keep your twist out looking fresh longer. Though my hair did get stretched, because of the heat, my hair was more of a frizzy Afro than a neat, defined twist out. You live and you learn! One of these days, I'm going to put in the effort to do a proper twist or braid out.

No comments:

Post a Comment