May 29, 2013

Black and Kinky Speaks: Another introduction of my brand new hair blog! - May 19, 2013

[ I'm honest, I'm hilarious, I'm crazy about my crazy hair! ]
 
I'm totally excited to finally have an active blog that looks good!!! With me, it's usually about simplicity and creativity; a blogging service that's easy to use and allows me to do my thang. I found that in blogger.com, the blogging service provided by google. If you're ever looking to start a blog, skip the complications & fanciness of Tumbler, Wordpress and the others and try out blogger.com. You won't be disappointed!

I started documenting my hair journey in January of this year because I thought my story was unique and that it would help fellow females gain the interest, confidence and knowledge to embrace themselves and go natural. I knew a blog was the best medium for me because I'm a writer but I also have a knack for visuals. Plus, I knew there were already tons of successful bloggers and blogs out there and that I too could successfully join this endless community of bloggers.

How am I going to stand out? I'm going to be a successful blogger because I plan to provide interesting, informative and entertaining blog entries for my readers and showcase my personality through it all. I'm not "reporting" on natural hair care or weighing my page with facts or stats. Originally, I'm a poet so I am very descriptive, colourful, honest and straight forward. Though I tend to write ALOT, I remain concise and to the point. I'm also not shy and will include plenty of pictures on my blog because I know visually showing the different stages of my hair journey will help people understand the writing that accompanies them. With this blog, I don't necessarily need readers or followers, though the feedback would be helpful. As a lifelong writer, I started writing to deal with my emotions. This is the same. I started writing about my hair to help me express myself throughout this new, exciting, confusing, foreign hair journey and it always makes me feel better to write things down. So, if this blog sits on the internet collecting inter-dust, or doesn't do anything for anyone except me, then it's successful because it helped ONE person through their hair journey (WOOT WOOT).

My favourite part about this blog is that it's been on my to-do list for years now. I've always wanted to blog about something! I'm glad my hair has given me the chance to check this task off my list. Some of the things that will be covered in my blog are (but not limited to) the following: the stages of my hair cut, lessons I've learned, products I use, hairstyles I've tried, hair stereotypes, things and people who have helped me along the way. These entries will represent the more personal side of this journey. I will also share my intelligent thoughts about the (false) perceptions of curly/kinky hair, the stereotypes that aren't true, and mostly how I am still learning to love my hair as apart of me.

I'm also very close to hitting my 6 month mark since my big chop, which happens to be in my birthday month so there will definitely be some celebrating! And I almost want to have a hair blog launch party but we'll see! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment