July 31, 2013

Testing the (Hair) Waters: Part 2 - July 12, 2013

Lately, I've been able to try out many samples of the products we sell here at Honey Fig. Here lies my experiences with various styling products.
 
I'm going to admit, my lack of conditioning my hair is terrible! I remember going to Honey Fig earlier this year, asking for a deep conditioner. They suggested one from Morocco Method and Curl Junkie's Deep Fix and gave me samples. I may have tried them each a few times and then I stopped. I don't even remember which one I liked more. Why, I really couldn't tell you. Was it laziness? Most likely. It definitely wasn't because I didn't love my hair. I think I just hadn't realized how important this was for my hair. Now, I realize!!! Though I did just recently pick up a conditioner, I can't say I'm the queen of conditioning...Yet...I have used my Shea Moisture Raw Shea Restorative Conditioner ($22) only once, but I see great things in my future from using it as my conditioner. It can act as a leave-in, rinse out or deep conditioner depending on how long you leave it in your hair. It has the amazing moisturizing properties of raw Shea butter, sea kelp and Argan oil which all help repair and strengthen your hair as well as tame frizz, add shine and smooth strands. After using it just once as a rinse out conditioner during my co-wash, I instantly felt the difference. It instantly made my hair softer and also made applying detangling SO much easier.

I used the ever popular Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie for the first time as a wash and go curl enhancer. Now, this is literally the first time I actually took the time to section my hair, apply a hair styling cream and then apply a gel. I'm all about easy and literal "wash and go" hair. I spent the time and effort to section my hair, apply the curl enhancing cream, smooth the sections, apply my Kinky-Curly gel and diffuse my hair...yet my hair was still a short afro! Yes, it was super defined & extremely soft but I was really hoping for the cream to elongate my curls and get rid of the crazy shrinkage that I always have. And though it says you can use it on dry hair, I advise you not to do that! It's not water-y enough and doesn't melt into my hair like other creams do.
 
Keep reading for more (short and sweet) reviews on various hair products!

No comments:

Post a Comment